Welcome Center & Beach Badge Office
Located between Borough Hall & Police Headquarters
Between Brooklyn & Washington Avenues, behind The "Giant Clam"
Badge Office / Welcome
Located in Trailer 3 in the Lavallette Firehouse Parking Lot
125 Washington Avenue
Lavallette NJ 08735
Mailing Address 1306 Grand Central Avenue
Lavallette, NJ 08735
2015 Beach Season begins June 20, 2015
Badge office will be open for 2015 Beach Badge sales May 8, 2015
Download: Beach Badge Order Form
The Beach Badge office accepts the following credit cards:
A fee of 2% will be added to the price of each badge or sticker purchased when the purchase is made through the use of a credit/debit card.
Beach Badges must be worn at all times, visible on the front of the bathing suit. This applies to both Ocean and Bay Beaches. Seasonal and weekly badges can be purchased at the Beach Badge Office.
Daily badges can be purchased at the ocean and bay beaches from the badge checkers. The badge fees for the Summer Season are as follows:
- No fee for children under the age of twelve (12) years.
- $45.00 per person, per season. Season badges available throughout the season. Badges purchased before June 17, 2014 are $35.00 during pre-season sale.
- $25.00 per person per week or fraction thereof. A “week” is defined as the period from Saturday through the following Saturday.
- $8.00 per person for each daily badge.
- $14.00 per person for the entire bathing season for any person whom is 65 years of age or over, any totally disabled person, and for all disabled veterans of any military service and all military service personnel on active duty status.
A sticker is required on motor vehicles parked in any
of the Municipal parking lots on the bay front In effect during the
bathing season as established in § 7-9B. Car Stickers are $10.00 and must
be permanently affixed to the driver’s side rear window.
2015 Beach Bathing Season is June 20, 2015 - September 7, 2015
Stickers are available at the Beach Badge Office.
On street parking is on a first come first served basis on the side streets and the ocean blocks. The Borough of Lavallette has residential parking permits in certain areas throughout town these spots are designated by sign and by permit only.
Along the highway there are sections of two hour parking, please keep this in mind when parking along the highway.
Handicap Accessible spots available all throughout the
town and at the oceanfront on several streets, the most being on the
wide streets of Trenton, New York, Philadelphia, & President Avenues.
Lavallette Accessibility Guide
“NO PARKING” as designated from the end of the streets on the ocean front; this area is reserved for emergency vehicles.
A separate sticker is required for any motor drawn vehicle or trailer parked in any of the Municipal parking lots on the bay front and allows use of the municipal boat ramp. Trailer Permits are $50.00 and are to be permanently affixed. Trailer Permits are required from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend, and are available at the Beach Badge Office.
Located at the base of the bridge to West Point Island
Bay Boulevard & New Brunswick Avenues
Gps 39.968195, -74.075333
Picture Taken 4/5/12
Season Trailer Stickers $50.00
Ramp is Concrete
Check Prior to Purchasing Permit That Ramp Is Adequate For Your Needs!
Commercial Trailer Stickers are available for $100.00 and are required all year.
Available on a first come first
serve basis through the Lifeguard Headquarters
Off season Beach Wheelchairs are available through Public Works @ 732-793-7766
We want you to enjoy your stay in Lavallette. Your safety, while riding a bicycle, is important to us. Please adhere to the following bicycle laws which are intended to minimize your risk and maximize your enjoyment.
- Riders on highways must obey NJ State Laws and local ordinances
- Bicyclists must observe one way highways. Ride on the right side of road-with traffic. DO NOT ride against the traffic flow.
- Bicyclists must observe all traffic signals and signs.
- All children under 17 must wear helmets while riding bicycles.
- During the bathing season, bicycles are allowed on the boardwalk only during the hours of 5 am to 10 am.
- Bicycle riding on sidewalks in the business area is prohibited except for school children on their way to school.
- At night, you must have a white light in front and a red light in back, both visible for at least 500 feet.
- Bicyclists must ride single file only.
- Only one person may ride on a bicycle, unless it is designated otherwise.
- Bicycles can be registered at Police Headquarters to help prevent theft. Please keep them locked when not in use.
Your observance of these laws and guidelines will enable you to have a safe and pleasurable stay with us. All bicycle laws shall be strictly enforced. If at all possible, use the bike route on Bay Boulevard.
Bicycles on the Boardwalk
During the bathing season, bicycles are
allowed on the boardwalk only during the hours of 5am to 10am.
Bicycles may be walked on the boardwalk after 10am but not ridden.
Off season there is no restriction on bicycles on the boardwalk.
The History of Lavallette, Second Edition