Mailing Address: Lavallette
1306 Grand Central Avenue
Lavallette, NJ 08735
Clerks Office -
Lavallette Fire House Parking Lot
125 Washington Avenue Lavallette, NJ 08735
Business Hours: Monday through
Friday, 9am to 4pm.
Located on the 1st floor of the Municipal Building
Corner of Grand Central Avenue (Route 35 North) and Brooklyn Avenue.
Borough Council Meeting Minutes and Agendas
Visit the Council Meetings page for meeting dates, links to the agendas and meeting minutes or use the links to the left.
Dog and Cat Licenses
Must Have a valid Rabies shot valid through October 31st, of the the calendar year, please bring certification with you, Cats and dogs must be re-licensed every year, licenses are good for the calendar year, and can not be issued unless the current rabies vaccination is good through October of the year registering. Please see cashier at Borough Hall for License's.
- Animals must be on a leash at all times. No animals are allowed on the beach or other places of resort at any time.
- Animals on a leash can only be taken on the boardwalk at times other than regular bathing season.
- Feces must be removed immediately, Do not dispose of feces in storm drains. All storm drain flow into the Barnegat Bay.
- Animal Control issues are handled through the Department of Public Works. 732-793-7766.
- For more information visit our Animals Page.
Lavallette Goose Patrol
Lavallette Goose Patrol is available to Lavallette and Barrier Island residents (id required) and the first ten (10) non-residents. Being a member allows you to bring your dog to certain areas including the bay front and chandler field, where you normally are not allowed to bring your dog. Membership forms are available at Borough Hall and online.
Dogs must have a current license to be a member of the Lavallette Goose Patrol. There is a registration fee of $10.00 per dog.
For more information about the Goose Patrol visit our Animals Page.
Bingo and Raffle License Application
- Application for Bingo License
- Application for Raffle License
- Application to Amend Bingo or Raffle License
- Bingo and Raffle Report of Operations
When you have completed filling out the form, present it to the clerk of the Borough of Lavallette, along with a valid registration certificate issued by the Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission.
The Governing body of the Borough of Lavallette must approve your license at an open public meeting prior to the license being issued. You cannot begin any portion of the bingo or raffle prior to physically receiving your license from the municipal clerk.
This form is used by anyone who wishes to operate an amusement game at a recognized amusement park, seashore or other resort or at an agricultural exhibition (county fair).
Businesses in Lavallette are required to register with the Borough of Lavallette and submit a floor plan to the clerks office. Floor plans are an essential too for emergency services to be able to provide assistance to you and your business.
Registered Businesses will be the only Businesses listed in the Lavallette Borough Calendar, and listed in the next Lavallette Brochure. Businesses will also be listed on the Registered Businesses Page with address and phone number.
Garage Sales - Limited to one per year per household, with the exception of the town wide garage sale held yearly by the Lavallette Municipal Alliance.
- Garage, Estate, Tag Sale permits available from the Cashier at Borough Hall 9am-4pm.
- Download Application
- Town Wide Garage Sale Information
Landlord Registration Form
Completed form needs to be filed with the Borough Clerk
Voter Registration, Vote By Mail & Party Affiliation
In New Jersey, any voter can now vote by Mail-In Ballot
for any election.
You do not need a reason to vote by Mail-In Ballot.
Don't feel like going to the polls? Simply vote by mail. Now there is "no excuse" not to vote!
- Mail-in Ballots, (Information through the State of New Jersey Web Site)
Open Public Records Act
- Request form available at the Clerks Office from the Cashier at Borough Hall 9am-4pm.