Available Positions within The Borough of Lavallette
Help Wanted Full Time
There are currently no open positions.
Help Wanted Part Time - Seasonal Positions
Bring: CPR Certification, First Aid Certification, Application, Copy of Birth Certificate, Copy of Driver’s License.
The Requirements for those wishing to be employed are:
- Copy of Birth certificate or Driver’s license (16 years of age or older)
- Copy of Valid CPR certificate (BLS-C) or willingness to complete by starting date.
- Copy of Valid First Aid certificate - Community First Aid or willingness to complete by starting date.
- Medical Release completed by a physician indicating your physical ability to perform the duties of an ocean lifeguard.
- Completed Application.
- Employment Agreement.
- Pass a Background check.
- Lifeguard Information Form.
- Working Papers for those under age 18 as of June 23, 2018. Work CAN NOT BEGIN until working papers are submitted.
The Beach will open for the season on
Saturday June 15, 2019 and Sunday June 16, 2019 Then 7 days starting
on Friday, June 21, 2019. Each guard will work 5 days per week (40 hrs).
Work starts each day at 8:45am and ends at 5:15pm on weekdays; till 6:00pm on weekends & holidays.
If you apply to be a lifeguard, show up to the test.
Lifeguard Swim Test TBA 10am Reese
Avenue Bay Beach
Makeup Test TBA 10am Reese Avenue Bay Beach
All badge checker positions are currently filled for the 2019 Season!
Applicants must be 16 or older.
Working Papers are required for those under age 18 as of June
Work CAN NOT BEGIN until working papers are submitted
Applications must be either mailed to the address below or hand delivered at Borough Hall
Borough of Lavallette
1306 Grand Central Avenue
Lavallette, NJ 08735
No fax, email or digital copies accepted.
For Police Applications please visit The Lavallette Police Website
Working Papers are
required for those under age 18 as of your employment start date.
Work CAN NOT BEGIN until working papers are submitted.
Minors apply in person for working papers from their local school district, or Lavallette School District. Next, your child brings the working papers to the Borough of Lavallette. In the employment section of the working papers, the employer fills out and signs the Promise of Employment. Pdf booklet on working papers.
State Website, Child Labor Laws and Regulations
The Borough of Lavallette is an Equal Opportunity Employer