Philadelphia Avenue and the Ocean
Mailing Address 1306 Grand Central Avenue
Lavallette, NJ 08735
Email The Beach Patrol
Is Closed For The Season
Summer Bathing Hours:
10am to 5pm Weekdays
10am to 6pm Saturday, Sunday & Holidays
We supervise 9 Ocean Beaches and
2 Bay Locations, Brooklyn Avenue Bay & Reese Avenue Bay.
Swimming Between the White Flags
Boogie Boards and Rafts between Blue & White Flags
Restricted Rules in Effect When Flying
No Swimming When Red Flag Is Flying
Haddonfield Avenue / Brown Avenue / Dover Avenue Between Green Flags
Kayaking Locations are the same as Surfing, Lifejackets Required
DO NOT DIG HOLES DEEPER
THEN YOUR KNEES ON THE BEACH
Sand can collapse and create an extremely dangerous situation!
Located at the Brooklyn Avenue
Beach Rules and Regulations
- It is unlawful to throw or drop waste paper, garbage and other refuse on the beach as well as litter, destroy or disfigure the beach or public or private property.
- It is unlawful to use loud, profane or indecent language, play ball or engage in any activities, which will endanger another person or interfere with the enjoyment of the quiet use of the beach or public boardwalk.
- It is unlawful to conduct or engage in any beach party, picnic or similar outing, cook, or take any alcoholic beverage upon said places of resort, other than non-alcoholic beverages in cans or plastic containers.
- Surfboarding will be allowed only in prescribed surfboard areas indicated by green flags. Shock cords must be attached and used at all times.
- Bathing is permitted in protected areas only. A white flag indicates safe bathing conditions. A read flag indicates no swimming. A yellow flag indicates restricted swimming. Wait until conditions are right before bathing. Lifeguards enforce safety rules, please cooperate. Lifeguards are equipped with radios for emergency purposes.
- Vehicles are not allowed on the beach from May 1 to September 15, nor on any weekend in September. At all other times vehicles must be operating in accordance with Chapter 7-11 of the Borough Code. Operators must be licensed and vehicles must be registered. A permit is required.
- Please keep off all sand dunes. Sand dunes are protected by Chapter 8 of the Borough Code
- Animals are not allowed on the beach or other places of resort at any time. Animals on a leash can only be taken on the boardwalk at times other than regular bathing season.
- Please use trash and recycle receptacles located at the entrance to the beach and at the street ends, Please do not litter!
- Do not use the beach as an ashtray.
- Smoking is prohibited on the bay beaches.
Available on a first come first serve basis through
the Lifeguard Headquarters. 732-793-2566
Off season Beach Wheelchairs are available through Public Works. 732-793-7766
Protect yourself by learning how to spot a rip current so you can stay safe at the beach this summer.
NOAA Rip Current Information
Current Surf Conditions, Tides and Water Temp