The Lavallette Beach Patrol Seasonal Employment!
The Borough of Lavallette is accepting applications for this position.
Bring: CPR Certification, First Aid Certification, Application, Copy of Birth Certificate, Copy of Driver’s License.
The Requirements for those wishing to be employed are:
- Copy of Birth certificate or Driver’s license (16 years of age or older)
- Copy of Valid CPR certificate (BLS-C) or willingness to complete by starting date.
- Copy of Valid First Aid certificate - Community First Aid or willingness to complete by starting date.
- Medical Release completed by a physician indicating your physical ability to perform the duties of an ocean lifeguard.
- Completed Application.
- Employment Agreement.
- Pass a Background check.
- Lifeguard Information Form.
- Working Papers for those under age 18 as of June 17, 2017. Work CAN NOT BEGIN until working papers are submitted.
The Beach will open for the season on
June 17, 2017. Each guard will work 5 days per week (40 hrs).
Work starts each day at 8:45am and ends at 5:15pm on weekdays; till 6:00 on weekends.
If you applied to be a lifeguard, show up to the test.
Lifeguard Swim Test May 20, 2017 10am Reese
Avenue Bay Beach
Makeup Test May 28, 2017 10am Reese Avenue Bay Beach
The Borough of Lavallette is no longer accepting applications for this position.
Applicants must be 16 or older.
Working Papers are required for those under age 18 as of June
Work CAN NOT BEGIN until working papers are submitted
Working Papers are
required for those under age 18 as of your employment start date.
Work CAN NOT BEGIN until working papers are submitted.
Minors apply in person for working papers from their
local school district, or Lavallette School District. Next, your child
brings the working papers to the Borough of Lavallette. In the employment
section of the working papers, the employer fills out and signs the
Promise of Employment.
Pdf booklet on acquiring working papers.