Lavallette Beach Patrol Seasonal Employment!
Bring: CPR Certification, First Aid Certification, Application, Copy of Birth Certificate, Copy of Driver’s License.
The Requirements for those wishing to be employed are:
- Copy of Birth certificate or Driver’s license (16 years of age or older)
- Copy of Valid CPR certificate (BLS-C) or willingness to complete by starting date.
- Copy of Valid First Aid certificate - Community First Aid or willingness to complete by starting date.
- Medical Release completed by a physician indicating your physical ability to perform the duties of an ocean lifeguard.
- Completed Application.
- Employment Agreement.
- Pass a Background check.
- Lifeguard Information Form.
- Working Papers for those under age 18 as of June 23, 2018. Work CAN NOT BEGIN until working papers are submitted.
The Beach will open for the season on
Saturday June 15, 2019 and Sunday June 16, 2019. Then 7 days
starting on Friday, June 21, 2019. Each guard will work 5 days per week (40 hrs).
Work starts each day at 8:45am and ends at 5:15pm on weekdays; till 6:00pm on weekends & holidays.
If you apply to be a lifeguard, show up to the test.
Lifeguard Swim Test May 4, 2019 1pm-2pm Ocean
Ocean County YMCA
Makeup Test May 26, 2019 11am Reese Avenue Bay Beach
Applicants must be 16 or older.
Working Papers are required for those under age 18 as of
Work CAN NOT BEGIN until working papers are submitted
Working Papers are
required for those under age 18 as of your employment start date.
Work CAN NOT BEGIN until working papers are submitted.
Minors apply in person for working papers from their
local school district, or Lavallette School District. Next, your child
brings the working papers to the Borough of Lavallette. In the employment
section of the working papers, the employer fills out and signs the
Promise of Employment.
Pdf booklet on acquiring working papers.